Saturday, December 19, 2009

Musical Milestone


6 or 7 years ago, way back in my senior year of high school, I sat down and recorded a short, 3-part musical piece inspired by Dante's Inferno and submitted it to my English teacher for extra credit.

2 years ago, I decided to apply the advice of my writing instructors --share, share, share! Don't be a hoarding miser! --to my music, and began uploading videos of my original compositions set to image slideshows on youtube.

Last night, I received a comment that simply made my day:

We're reading this in my English class and [our] teacher showed this to us to help us understand it better. It's beautiful.


And so my music has come full circle! Hard to believe it's actually being used as a study aid somewhere and that there's even enough appreciation to inspire a student to leave this wonderful comment.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

0 comments: