Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cell Phoneage



I'm thinking very seriously about getting the new iphone 3g. The phone costs $199, but my parents might be willing to buy it for my birthday. After that, it's just $30 a month, which I think I can swing. It would also be nice because I've long since filled up my ipod nano (the original) and the darn thing is on the fritz.

My only worry is that google's Android phones are just starting to release, and even though the current generation falls short of the iphone's functionality and form factor, it may not be long before Apple is toppled.

Maybe all I really want is an ipod touch. I think you can still browse online with those, as long as there is a nearby wifi hotspot. It also comes with a lot more memory. Is that the best way to go?


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you sure the plan is only $30 a month? I thought it was like $99 and that's why the price cut didn't matter because you end up paying more in the end. Anyway, even if it is a good deal, I'd suggest testing out an iphone before purchasing. I wanted one until I tried typing on it. Can't stand the touch screen keyboard.

Unknown said...

Are you sure the plan is only $30 a month? I thought it was like $99 and that's why the price cut didn't matter because you end up paying more in the end. Anyway, even if it is a good deal, I'd suggest testing out an iphone before purchasing. I wanted one until I tried typing on it. Can't stand the touch screen keyboard.

Jay said...

yeah I've tried the touchscreen pad and it is indeed bad. But just as bad as my current cell. And I'm sure I'll get better at it. I could be wrong about the monthly plan, but I think that's right...

Also, I will call u back at some point. I work most nights though, which makes it kind of hard. We should write something.

fulleju said...

$30 a month? What does that cover? What does it not cover? I have the cheapest plan (just shy of $50/month) on verizon with a crappy ass chocolate phone. I was thinking Blackberry...

Jay said...

hm, I must be wrong then...

Jay said...

Okay, the iphone Unlimited Data plan is $30 a month...but what does that mean exactly?

Jay said...

Eh, I'm confused. I can't find a straight answer. I think it's $30 for data and $40 for voice, so $60 all together? Which would be lame. I may have to abandon this plan.

What happened to those rumors of a free google cell phone? MAKE IT HAPPEN, GOOGLE!

Jay said...

lol I'm a math magician!

fulleju said...

yeah....$70 a month just seems extravagant. But we do live in a stylish-technology era.