Monday, May 12, 2008

Superb Blog Entry


I wish I could write with such clarity, cadence, and humor! I heartily recommend "The Pentecostal Church and The Holy Ghost Want You To Wear Pig Panties" from the blog Violent Acres. A taste:

I know this might be hard to believe, but my brother and I generally liked being a part of the Pentecostal church. For one thing, the majority of the parishioners refrained from using birth control, so there were always tons of kids around for us to play with. For another thing, church was exciting. Who needed a television set or video games when you could simply attend the Wednesday night service?





1 comments:

SuiginChou said...

I can't help but get depressed reading that story because I know, you know, we all know damn well that 90% of those children who in their innocence and intelligence can tell a farse when they see one will come to be Pentecostals themselves some day. It's the small, small minority who see the lie for what it is and hold onto that like your Violent Acres.

Plus that really doesn't sound healthy, to work up such an emotional fervor that you're either having a seizure or else you passed out.